Seeing a podiatrist once a year is an excellent way to maintain healthy feet and ankles. Even if you are not due for an annual exam, it is important to see a foot doctor after sustaining an injury or if you develop a foot condition. Dr. Brian Doerr, the experienced podiatrist at our office in Fort Myers, FL, provides a diverse range of services to help you enjoy healthier feet.
Signs You Should See a Podiatrist
It is always a beneficial to visit a podiatrist annually. Even if you are not experiencing any issues, the doctor is able to identify minor concerns that could lead to bigger problems down the road if left untreated. The doctor can also make individualized recommendations to help you prevent injuries and reduce your risk of developing a foot condition.
There are also times when you should see a podiatrist as soon as possible for the diagnosis and treatment of foot or ankle problems. The skilled podiatrist at our Fort Myers, FL, podiatry practice diagnoses and treats a wide range of conditions. See a foot doctor promptly if you develop or experience any of the following signs or symptoms:
- Chronic heel pain
- Ongoing pain in the feet or ankles
- Swelling, pain, redness or tenderness in the feet or ankles
- Foot or ankle issues that have persisted for two weeks or more
- Significant cracking, scaling or peeling on the heels
- Changes in the toenails or skin on the feet
- Discharge from an area of the foot
- Blisters on the feet
Benefits of Seeing a Podiatrist
The benefits of scheduling regular checkups with a podiatrist are numerous. A foot doctor can help you prevent problems and maintain healthier feet. If you do develop a condition or experience an injury, you’ll have a doctor who is already familiar with your foot and ankle health who can provide individualized service tailored to your needs.
Another benefit seeing a podiatrist is that they diagnose and treat all types of foot and ankle issues. Whether you are dealing with bunions, plantar fasciitis, or a sprained ankle, a foot doctor can help. A podiatrist can develop a treatment plan that is right for you, as well as ensure injuries heal correctly.
Some of the primary benefits of visiting a podiatrist at least once a year include:
- Provide specialized care for feet and ankles
- Tailor treatment plans to the individual needs of each patient
- Make recommendations for preventing injuries and conditions
- Ensure foot, ankle, and sports injuries heal correctly
- Offer help with symptom management, including pain relief
- Provide individualized footwear recommendations
See a podiatrist at least once every year for optimal foot and ankle health, as well as anytime you develop an injury or foot and ankle problems. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Doerr, the exceptional podiatrist at our office in Fort Myers, call (239) 931-3668.